Cinegy Desktop allows users to collaborate from their desktops, without tying up expensive editing bays. Full system functionality is available from any workplace, editing bay or machine room for maximum workflow flexibility. Space formerly required for editing bays can be used for additional staff or repurposed altogether, resulting in a significant reduction in overhead costs.
Cinegy Desktop offers standard controls for viewing video material, including playback control with a mouse, jumping to events and shuffling. A clip can be viewed in different quality levels (high, medium or low) as defined during ingest.
The logging functionality in Cinegy Desktop can be applied either during or following ingest. In addition to basic logging, more advanced logging is done with the logging plug-in, using dedicated logging templates customized for the specifi c task and material type. Unique templates can be created for different organizations. The template creation requires no programming skills.
Because Cinegy Desktop is based on client-server architecture, any changes made to the database content are immediately stored on the Cinegy Archive server. This structure enables user collaboration on the content of the bins, quick selection and logging of incoming material,and is available to as many concurrent users as are licensed to use the system.
Cinegy Archive facilitates a collaborative workflow by allowing loggers, story editors and video editors to work on video material in real-time as it is being ingested. If several clients have the same bin open, any changes made by one client will immediately be displayed on the other client screens as well. All changes made to a sequence are also visible to all permitted users, although all other clients will have read-only access to the sequence until it has been released by the client making the changes.
Changes to metadata and other information are immediately propagated to every client with the affected data open at that time. All team members have access to the same information, work with the same material, and can immediately communicate with one another and see each others changes.
- No waiting for rendering - everything is rendered in real-time
- Sequence collaboration, zoom viewer, full-screen playback and full keyboard playback control.
- Mixing SD & HD as well as different aspect ratios
- Mixing all supported video and codec formats
- Multi-cam editing
- Overlay graphics and titles
- Dissolves, mixes, all SMPTE wipes, and speed effect
- Clip grouping and out of sync display
- Sequence markers for annotations and navigation
- Match frame indicators for ensuring seamless playback
- Color correction and image effects - extendable with plug-ins
- Voice-over recoder with user presets for equalizer and compressor
- Extract or lift material from the timeline and easily close the gaps
- Simple, two-point or four-point trimming functionality and trimming with the keyboard or jog-shuttle.
- Sophisticated search engine that can be used to quickly locate required video media and documents.
- Advanced audio features, including change audio channel, split and span, volume and balance adjustment, audio synchronization and voice-over recording.
- Easy to use Video Effects & FX Manager allowing every user to organize, select and apply video effects.
- Full-scale document management, providing centralized storage for production-related documents, version control and change tracking.
- Cinegy messenger for instant messaging allows users to communicate internally.