To view this page ensure that Adobe Flash Player version
11.1.0 or greater is installed.
PlayboyPlus London Facility
State-of-the-art broadcast facility located in Hayes, London, England. Five-month £1.2m renovation
completed in May 2010.
The completed facility includes:
• Two Babe Studios (Studios 1: 100 sq. ft.; Studios 2: 100 sq. ft);
• A Standard-Deﬁnition (SD) production studio; (Studios 500 sq. ft and Green Room Area);
• An eighteen channel redundant Snell Morpheus and ICE server-based playback and
• network transmission facility (16-SD and 2-HD Channels);
• Capacity for eight pass-through channels
• Probel-Sirius SD/HD Router
• Broadberry raid near-line archival storage, providing 250 tera-bytes of main/backup
• Multiple ﬁber inter-connections to studios in Bristol, Milton Keynes and Bulgaria,
• One audio suites with voice-over booth,
• Six Final Cut Pro HD/SD edit stations.
• Three Edius tape duplication edit stations
• One Proxy Server - providing 40 tera-bytes of storage;
• One QC/VOD Server – providing 40 tera-bytes of storage;
• One QC suite – for SD Tape and HD/SD ﬁles quality control.
• Two 100 Mbps ISP lines
• One 2 Mbps ISP lines for remote engineering diagnostics
All “on air” origination facilities are supported 24/7 by 3x 30KVA UPSs and a 300 KVA generator power
backup. The “on air” origination facilities are supported by engineering 24/7 cover, and the facility is protected by
FIBER CONNECTIVITY TO/FROM PBP-LON:
• Onsite multiplex provided by Arqiva for 12 SD and 1 HD existing networks with uplink at
• Bedford, England to Eurobird 1;
• Arqiva ﬁber link to Amsterdam, Holland for 1 SD existing network
• Arqiva/ British Telecom ﬁber link to Feltham, England for 1 SD existing network with
• transmission to DTT Freeview service
• 4 SD existing networks to Sky Osterley for Sky Box Ofﬁce services, provided by Conver
• gence Group and British Telecom.
• Provision for 4 SD Networks ﬁber to a Globecast
• 2x100 Mbps ISP connections providing internet, mail and ftp access.
• 1x2 Mbps ISP lines for remote engineering diagnostics
TRANSCODING & DUPLICATION SERVICES
SD/HD transcoding and SD tape duplication services. The facility currently transcode and delivers
hundreds of titles of media on behalf of its client networks each month. PBP-Lon transcoding facilities
using Ateme KFE, Harmonic ProCoder operate 21.5/7 365 days per year and can deliver media to
client’s directed destinations as: FTP, Smartjog, Aspera, Signiant, Hard Drive, Data DVD, or DVD
FCP PAL EDITING
Six Final Cut Pro HD/SD edit stations are provided in 5 edit rooms.
VOICE-OVER BOOTH, QC SUITE.
One audio suites with voice-over booth, One QC suite – for SD Tape and HD/SD ﬁles quality control with
QC/VOD Server storage providing 40 tera-bytes of storage;
Enquiries: Nick Doff +44(0)20 3239 7726