Audio Visual Machines (AVM), the leading visual communications system integrator in the UK has launched its suite of managed video services, AVM Connect
AVM Connect is a fully managed video service provided through AVM’s own Video Network Operations Centre (VNOC). It delivers all the benefits of visual communications, without the impact on resources. There is no initial outlay on hardware, software or bandwidth. AVM Connect is run over AVM’s dedicated network, ensuring quality, reliability and security.
AVM Connect will increase usage and deliver a higher return on investment for clients’ videoconferencing systems. Features include:
-Unlimited point-to-point calls, accommodating a range of connection types and end points
- Connectivity via any type of network: IP, ISDN or PSTN
- Free virtual meeting rooms to join multiple audio and video sites securely; available 24/7
- Measurement and usage reporting with Video-Miles®. AVM Connect will automatically measure and monitor how much money a video user saves by not travelling
- Real time network monitoring to ensure your video systems are performing at maximum quality and performance levels
- A dedicated link into the AVM Connect network with instant access to the video help desk
AVM Connect also includes concierge services for the ultimate remote support and assistance. AVM’s concierge team will look after every task, leaving you to conduct the meeting whilst they handle the technology. Concierge services supplement the core managed video services and provide a number of additional features, including meeting room booking, call set-up, management and monitoring.
“Adding AVM Connect to our portfolio helps us to provide an all-round service to our clients,” said Edward Cook, CEO of AVM. “We host the service on our dedicated network and use our dedicated team to make sure the provision is of the highest quality.”