Elemental Technologies, the leader in software-defined video solutions, today announced plans to showcase on-premises and cloud-based video solutions at IBC 2016 that enable premium broadcast and multiscreen content delivery for superior viewing experiences. Elemental and Amazon Web Services will exhibit at stand 5.C80 in the RAI Center, Amsterdam, September 9 13.
Software-defined video solutions from Elemental enable broadcasters, content owners, pay TV operators and enterprise customers to implement flexible and scalable video infrastructure and to rapidly deploy new services with cloud-based resources that dynamically scale with demand. At IBC, Elemental will demonstrate its full product suite as well as a host of Amazon Web Services offerings that help media and entertainment leaders efficiently expand linear broadcast services and accelerate OTT service launches. Highlights include:
Unified Video Infrastructure:
- High Bitrate Encoding Reference architecture demonstrates end-to-end linear DVB-S/S2 broadcast to set-top boxes paired with multiscreen distribution. A unified headend solution enables customers to deploy 24/7 linear services quickly and with reduced risk.
- Live Channel Playout A software-based approach to linear 24/7 broadcast channel creation with dynamic content control and motion graphic overlay reduces video workflow complexity, improves resiliency and lowers operational costs.
- Dynamic Content Control Overlay static and motion graphics at 60 frames per second on HD or UHD video outputs to create a broadcast channel experience and advertising opportunity.
- Statistical Multiplexing Elemental solutions leverage tight integration with Amazon cloud storage for cloud-based broadcast channel deployments. Support for live channel playout and VOD content storage includes hosting of motion graphics and file-based video assets.
- Enhanced Output Capabilities Accelerate and optimize large-scale media asset transfer to the AWS Cloud with Amazon Direct Connect for file-based video processing using Elemental Cloud services. Direct Connect also lends stability to live video sources for improved reliability of live channel solutions.
- Live Broadcasting from the Cloud Encoder management software offers the features and functionality required by pay TV operators for large-scale linear workflows, including schedule automation.
- SDI over IP HDR 10, HLG HDR, and Dolby Vision implementations illustrate improved color space, deeper luminance and increased bit depth for enhanced image quality.
- Virtual Reality Reach more viewers with targeted and personalized ad content and video delivery with server-side ad decisioning.
- Multiscreen Monetization Just-in-time packaging, just-in-time DRM, live-to-VOD and other time-shifted TV services enable video distributors to realize new revenue opportunities.
Technical Paper Presentation
As part of the IBC technical papers program in the main conference, Lionel Bringuier, Director of Product Management at Elemental, will deliver a paper entitled Increasing Ad Personalization with Server-Side Ad Insertion. Bringuier will present on Sunday, September 11 between 12:30 and 14:00 during the Advances in Technology track which takes place in the Emerald Lounge of the RAI Exhibition and Conference Centre.
Elemental DVB Tech Talks
Elemental, together with Nevion and Teleste, will host tech talks on Saturday, September 10 and Sunday, September 11 from 17:00 to 18:00 at Elemental stand 5.C80. In these sessions, subject matter experts from each company will discuss unified DVB-S/S2, DVB-C/CS, DVB-T/T2 and OTT headend reference architecture and the benefit of combining and streamlining DVB and OTT video delivery workflows in a software-based infrastructure.
4K 4Charity Fun Run
The 4K 4Charity Fun Run Series commemorates advancements in video technology by the global media and entertainment industry and the technology vendors who support it. Open to registered attendees at select industry tradeshows, the 4km (2.49-mile) run promotes wellness, networking and charitable giving in a fun, casual environment. To date, this event has raised more than a quarter of a million dollars for global charities, including OXFAM International and Mercy Corps as well as local charities, such as The Shade Tree. Register at 4K4Charity.com/IBC.