Matrox(R) Video Products Group today announced Mac(R) support for the award-winning Matrox Convert(TM) DVI and Convert DVI Plus HD-SDI scan converters. These devices let broadcasters easily and economically take the computer-based content that is quickly becoming a key part of the nightly news to air. They are ideal for creating broadcast video from computer applications such as Skype(TM), YouTube(TM), Google Earth(TM), video games, and web browser sessions, as well as citizen journalists' mobile phone videos. Matrox Convert DVI scan converters are also the perfect appliances to drive projectors and large displays at live events and in houses of worship.
"The Convert DVI family of scan converters for PC has proven to be a reliable, cost-effective solution for broadcasters and A/V integrators since its launch in September 2009," said Charles P. Amyot, product manager at Matrox. "Now Mac users can also benefit from these easy-to-use HD-SDI scan converters to make the most of their computer-based content in broadcast and live event environments."
Matrox Convert DVI and Convert DVI Plus will be demonstrated at IBC2011 on stand 7.B29.
Key features of Matrox Convert DVI Family for Mac
- Progressive DVI-D input up to 1920 x 1200
- Digital outputs: HD/SD SDI
- Analog outputs: HD/SD analog component, S-Video, and composite
- SD analog black burst (bi-level) or HD tri-level genlock with timing offset controls
- Simultaneous analog and digital video output
- Stereo audio input can be embedded into the SDI output signal
- Realtime hardware downscaling with proper color space and aspect ratio conversion
- Can operate as a stand-alone appliance
- Advanced features such as anti-flicker filter
- Three-year hardware warranty and complimentary telephone support
Additional features of Matrox Convert DVI Plus:
- Realtime hardware upscaling with proper color space and aspect ratio conversion
- Hotkey-triggered output signal freeze/unfreeze
Price and availability
Matrox Convert DVI, priced at $995 US (£649, 799), and Matrox Convert DVI Plus, priced at $1,495 US (£1,049, 1,299) not including local taxes, are now available through a worldwide network of authorized dealers. Mac software release 1.0, with support for Mac OS(R) X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and 10.7 (Lion), will be available as a free download from the Matrox website for registered owners in late September 2011.