Singapore - Stand: 4E2-06
Strategy & Technology is a specialist company in the field of digital interactive TV, focused on the provision of technology solutions using public standards. S&T supplies DSMCC object carousel systems for MHEG-5, MHP, HbbTV, OCAP/Tru2way and ETV standards. In the MHEG-5 market, S&T is unique in providing complete end-to-end interactive TV solutions including RedKey¢ MHEG receiver middleware, Video on Demand, EPG, publishing and games applications as well as carousel playout and application monitoring systems.
Being shown for the first time at Broadcast Asia:
* RedKey¢3 - digital TV receiver client software that supports the execution of interactive applications conforming to the HbbTV specification. RedKey¢3 integrates the hugely successful NetFront¢ Browser from ACCESS with HbbTV signalling and S&Ts proven DSM-CC client. The S&T implementation of NetFront¢ is based on the same core API already used in S&Ts RedKey¢2 engine for MHEG-5, significantly reducing integration costs for receiver manufacturers requiring support for both interactive application standards.
Also on display:
S&T will be showing a comprehensive, affordable range of products and solutions for interactive TV, Electronic Program Guides (EPG) and on-demand/catch-up TV to meet the needs of operators and broadcasters worldwide. These include:
* S&T Player an MHEG application for Video on Demand services including catch-up TV, with flexible back-office integration using S&Ts Mediator product. S&T Player offers a configurable and customisable application for browsing and navigation of content as well as playback control for MHEG-IC and CI+ hybrid broadcast broadband platforms.
* RedKey¢2 the latest version of S&Ts MHEG-5 middleware engine offers a modular architecture and supports all of the current international profiles of the MHEG interactive TV standard, including those implemented in the UK Freeview / Freeview HD / Freesat, Ireland, New Zealand, Hong Kong, South Africa, Australia as well as the CI+ browser requirements. RedKey¢2 also supports the Interaction Channel IP connectivity to enable hybrid broadcast/broadband receivers for video on demand and catch-up TV services.
* TSBroadcaster 2 the second generation of S&Ts DSM-CC Object Carousel product for DVB (MHEG-5, HbbTV and MHP), OCAP/tru2way and ETV platforms provides an enhanced user interface plus improved performance. The OCAP/tru2way version now includes support for Common Download and Out Of Band (OOB) playout as well as transport stream and GigE IP outputs.
* TSMonitor a product for automatic monitoring of MHEG and ETV interactive applications. Scripted test-cases are run using virtual receivers running on a rack-mounted server, with alarms generated when exceptions or errors are detected.
* MHEG EPG - a complete platform EPG including PVR integration for both Pay TV and Freeview operators based on MHEG-5 middleware. The EPG offers channel branding with logos as well as support for advertising and sponsorship banners.
* MHEG Presenter - a general purpose publishing solution for MHEG-5 middleware allowing interactive applications to be created without development of MHEG code.