2012 NAB Show
Vimond Media Solutions
Vimond Media Solutions AS (www.vimond.com) develops and markets the Vimond online TV platform. Based in Bergen, Norway, Vimond is one of a number of successful technology companies spun off from national broadcaster TV 2, together with Vizrt, StormGeo, and Mosart Medialab. After more than 10 years of technology development and use in production at Scandinavia's biggest commercial online video enterprise, TV 2 Sumo, Vimond was established in 2011 to make advanced solutions available to other broadcasters launching multiscreen over-the-top services. The Vimond platform provides a comprehensive environment for managing highly efficient streaming of content to cellphones, tablet computers, gaming consoles, connected TVs, and Blu-ray(TM) players. With its depth of experience and expertise, Vimond is a leading player in the field, serving a rapidly growing roster of customers that includes TV4 in Sweden, MTV3 in Finland, TV 2 in Norway, and pan-Nordic distributor CMore.
New Products and Features on Display at the 2012 NAB Show
Vimond will showcase a beta version of its upcoming Online Video Platform (OVP) product code-named VCC (Vimond Control Center). VCC builds on the current robust nature of the Vimond media platform, but simplifies the publishing workflow and adds powerful features that easily make it the most complete online TV tool on the market today.
VCC was designed for broadcasters wishing to monetize their content directly to end users, as well as content distributors seeking to broaden their offering and provide catch-up services.
VCC is different from other solutions on the market because it focuses on:
- Multiscreen deployments -- Most systems were designed only for publishing Web TV services, and can only publish to mobile and other screens via add-on functionality or products. VCC, by contrast, can publish compelling TV services across all screens.
- OTT production workflow -- VCC breaks the various production elements down into manageable workflows, which can be customized depending on the need. For example, different departments within an organization can collaborate independently of each other. Service managers can create packages without having to worry about content ingestion or content management. Content editors can edit content and metadata without regard for pricing structures. Administrators can easily control who accesses what by granting access rights to individual parts of the platform.
- Speed -- With today's typical solution, managing hundreds of hours of content can be challenging. The content might be hard to find in the system, and the user has to struggle through endless pages and edit views to get the job done. VCC uses tagging functionality to simplify this process. Content is easily found through an intelligent search, with adaptive filtering, and in as few clicks as possible.
- Integration -- VCC integrates with the major encoder and transcoder solutions, enabling automation of live and on-demand video ingestion. Industry-leading solutions from Digital Rapids and Harmonic are controlled directly from the VCC system, eliminating the need to start and stop encoders manually.
Other Products on Display at the 2012 NAB Show
- VimondSPORTS -- For use with Vimond's online TV platform, this interactive live and on-demand sports Web application framework enables broadcasters to create rich interactive services for just about any sport
- Mobile applications for iPad(R), iPhone(R), Android(TM), and other mobile devices
- 3D OTT showcase to demonstrate how companies can transmit 3D events through the Web using Vimond technology
- Mobile companion apps, including one prepared for the Tour de France
Further information on Vimond Media Solutions and its products is available at vimond.com or by phone at +47 93 22 95 70.
"OTT services are becoming an increasingly important component of a broadcaster's offering, so we've made the content delivery process easier and more efficient. The more streamlined and simple the process, and the more seamlessly it integrates with a broadcaster's existing workflow and equipment, the greater the number of viewers a broadcaster can reach, and the more quickly it can capitalize on its assets. Those are exactly the needs we've addressed with the new VCC product." -- Helge Hibraaten, CEO of Vimond Media Solutions
All trademarks appearing herein are the property of their respective owners.